Yes, I doll. I haven't posted any dolls yet, but I plan on putting some up soon. Anyway, I'm a dork and decided to meme... Wait, can that even be used as a verb?
1. How long have YOU been dolling?
Jeez, I think I made my first doll in July 16, 2005, (I had to look it up), so four years this July. That's scary.
2. You have to like something about it; what is it? What do you enjoy dolling?
Hair. I like doing hair. And I've noticed my shading on clothes is getting better, which is pretty cool. Face edits are pretty fun, too, especially on a big project. It gives each doll its own personality.
3. What do you HATE dolling, eh? You know, clothes, hair..
Folds. I hate folds. I'm never satisfied with the lines, the shading, the way they fall around the doll. I just usually don't doll them. I rarely have a doll in a gown anymore.
4. Your favorite part of your dolls, usually is:
Clothing designs, especially on superhero uniforms and some fantasy dolls. I like dolling them, and they're some of the things I'm most proud of months after I've finished dolled them.
5. What do you put the most effort into: clothes/hair/stuff..or base editing?
Probably hair and overall design. Design is what makes me stare blankly at the base for an hour until I really come up with something great.
6. Bases are a staple of the dolling community. Do you like using them, or do you prefer to go baseless?
Oh, yes, definitely. I'd probably be lost without a base. Granted, I can't draw for beans, so I wouldn't even know how to start with a baseless pixel from scratch. The few baseless pixels I've made have been based on very good reference pictures.
7. Not all dollers are basemakers..are you?
I've made one base. With one pose. It's not very good. The face is horrific and the shading is terrible. I've recently recolored it and made a much better face, but it's as yet unreleased until I can make a few more poses.
8. Are you part of any dolling forums?
I'm technically signed up on several, but the only community that ever really stuck was MEDA. I've been a member for three years this past Semptember. (eek!)
9. This community can suck ass sometimes. List for us FOUR pet peeves when it comes to the doll community, that you just wanna strangle people for:
Oy. When dollers with great bases take half their bases down completely instead of archiving them for future use. Or when a great site disappears completely without warning and you find out months later that they moved and nobody was really told... But I don't think I can complain about four, that's a bit much.
10. But there's awesome people here, too! List three of your favorite dollers.
Oh, geez. Three isn't enough. I throw great respect to anyone that makes bases, though. I don't know how anyone makes them, and I've got to say, brava.